VJIT perching on more than 3 lakh Sq. Ft. even ground and is housed in a pleasingly laid out buildings in a beautifully landscaped expanse of land.
The infrastructure of the college is comparable only to the best institutions in India. VJIT’s State-of-the-art laboratories have the latest equipment for practical and project work, beyond the stipulated syllabus of the University. The systems, methods and procedures adopted for practicals are designed to help students to learn from within.
The VJIT’s laboratories are far more advanced and ever accessible to students .This encourages students to spend more time on practicals. They are guided by experienced teaching and non-teaching staff. Students get easy access to the labs and are free to work on any projects they like in conjunction with the faculty.
We have 11 high-end computer labs with latest configuration and required software with ample UPS support.
The spacious library sprawls over more than 1029.4 Sqmt. and the catalogs possess thousands of volumes & titles. The library subscribes to more than 270 International and National journals and has also access to scores of e-journals.
Besides the huge Central Library, each department also has its own reference Library.
We have a well equipped digital library for the students. They can easily access AICTE–INDEST, NPTEL, SONET-CD’s, IEEE, ASME, ASCE, DELNET N-LIST (INFLIBNET) etc.. Quick Mail Search is provided for instant access with 22 MBPS High speed Connectivity.
The Library is housed in a spacious area of about 1029.4 Sqmts. It features more than 30,114 volumes covering all branches. In addition to this, the library procures Technical reports and back volumes of important periodicals every year. It also subscribes to 270 Journals + 9 Magazines + 5138 e-Journals, and CD/ROM, audio-visual additions.
Facilities in Library
The section contains reference books such as Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Handbooks, Bibliographies, Atlas, Data books, Dissertations, Theses etc. These are to be used within the Library premises and not available for lending. A copy of the prescribed textbooks and recommended books is also kept in the reference section.
The Library follows open access system and the students and staff are free to browse through the collections and select according to their need.
The working Hours for Issue and Return of books are 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on week days.
- There is book banks facility in the library
- Book bank for SC, ST & needy Students
- The books will be issued once to eligible students of these categories at the beginning of each semester.
The Central Library offers photocopying facility to all the students, staff and users.
The enrollment of membership will be extended to all the bonafide students of UG, PG Programmes and staff of the Institute.
|Category: UG STUDENTS (Book Bank)||No. of Books: 6||Period: Semester|
|Category: UG & PG STUDENTS||No. of Books: 3||Period: 15|
|Category: STAFF||No. of Books: 6||Period: 30|
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Phone & mail ID|
|Mr. V. John Alexander||Librarian||M. L. I. Sc., M. Phil.||firstname.lastname@example.org 9502122674|
|P. Prabhakar||Assistant Librarian||M. L. I. Sc.||9030130961|
|S. Vasudh Reddy||Library Assistant||B. L. I. Sc.||9032255468|
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
The students can search the Bibliographic data viz. Author, Title, Subject, Accession Number etc. through OPAC.
Rules & Regulations
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phones to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags & Baggage are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- No student shall take any printed material into the Library. Users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books back into the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be considered as the due date.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the student responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the current market price and handling charges or as may be decided by the Librarian.
- Books will be issued subject to availability.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- The following conditions apply for the renewal of books.
- The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.
- More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- Books are to be returned on or before due date (15 days) from the date of issue, failing which a fine of Rs. 1.00 per volume per day will be collected.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the Institute.
- Browsing at Library is limited to accessing on-line Subscribed journals only.
- Library Books Issue/Returns 9.00 AM to 4.30PM.
- Library Working Hours 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Note: The above rules are intended to regulate the healthy functioning of Library and will be reviewed periodically to meet changing needs.
Any change in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when it takes place.
VJIT has three spacious conference halls with the state-of-the-art audio visual equipment. The First Hall has a seating capacity of 500, the second & third with the capacity to accommodate 200. The spaces in the conference halls have been designed with good acoustic systems and ambiance.
Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Tech Fests, Faculty Development Programs and Student Training & Development Programs are organized regularly in these facilities and they have been well appreciated by the visiting dignitaries from premier academic institutions and corporate organizations.
Sports & Games
We at VJIT believe that a healthy body leads to an active mind and thus strive to provide our students with state of art facilities to learn and practice sports. We encourage talented students to actively participate in games. As a result, some excellent sportsmen are produced at VJIT every year.
VJIT has a sprawling campus hosting best sports facilities for outdoor and indoor games. There are an aesthetically designed basketball court and 2 volleyball courts on the campus just in front of the main building amidst the beautifully landscaped greenery.
The playground located on the west side of the college which can host a wide range of games like Cricket, Football, and an Athletic Track. The playground has a pitch with nets for cricket practice. VJIT has an indoor sports complex for games like Table Tennis, Carroms Chess etc.
VJIT has organized a state-level sports meet during this academic year where teams from across the state of Andhra Pradesh have participated. The facilities are well appreciated by the reputed sports personalities who visited the college during the sports meet.
The college has its own fleet of buses operating from many points in the city of Hyderabad and the suburbs.
The starting points and routes of the College Buses:
For more details contact Transport In-Charge Mr. K. Prabhakar Reddy, 97018 89234.
VJIT has a spacious 2600sft central cafeteria with a modern kitchen and the hygienic dining hall environment which provides quality food and prompts service and caters to needs of all the students and the staff. Mini cafes and fast-food centers are also available in various blocks all over VJIT.
The canteen is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The menu features a variety of North-Indian, South-Indian and Chinese cuisine. The canteen supplies cool and clean aqua water.
VJIT takes good care of the students in the campus. It has set up a spacious health healthcare center in the first floor of B Block with
- 6 Observation Beds
- 2 Consultation rooms and a Pharmacy.
- One full time Doctor and a Nurse are employed, physiotherapy services are also available by visiting consultants.
It is also equipped with a First aid equipment, BP Apparatus, emergency medicines etc. This treatment, consultation & medicines including lab investigations are carried out free of cost for all students, staff & staff dependents.
|Dr. Janardhan Chetty||M.B.B.S||9849770166|
Banks & ATMs
- Canara Bank with ATM facility at Himayathnagar Village.
- Bank of India with ATM facility at APPA junction.
- Andhra Bank with ATM facility at Moinabad & Hydarshakot.
- Syndicate Bank with ATM facility at Moinabad.
- State Bank of Hyderabad with ATM facility at Moinabad.
- HDFC Bank with ATM facility at Hydarshakot.
Stationery – Store
Readers.in – a division of Readers Stores India Private Limited. started operating in 2006 with a store in Hyderabad. Soon Readers started an online e-commerce portal to cater to the needs of netizens with a wide range of brands of stationery and technology products.
Readers Stationery provides a large collection of consumable office supplies, school stationery, computer supplies, books, corporate gifts, cleaning products, sporting goods and consumer electronics from major manufacturers. Readers Stationery currently operates 3 retail outlets and 5 outlets in Colleges in Hyderabad and also sells products online at www.readers.in.
Readers on VJIT campus
- In House Stationery Store
- In House Book store
- In House Technology Store
- Print Center
- Lamination and Binding Facility
- No additional Cost added to sale
The presence of Readers on the campus saves students and staff a lot of time at no extra cost.
Readers is one of the fastest growing chain of stores in colleges across Hyderabad.