Civil Engineering is transforming to a great extent with the diversity that comes with the interfacing with other technology domains. New technologies are providing solutions to the challenges in Civil engineering. The Department of Civil Engineering at VJIT is established in 2013 and in the very few years of existence it has established itself as an inspiring learning centre. The highly qualified faculty team inspires students to do research and train them to address the societal problems.
- Structural Engineering
- Earth Quake Engineering
- Geotechnical Earth Quake Engineering
- Emphasis on Outcome Based Education
- Best Faculty Team with wide experience from academia & industry.
- All Labs are well equipped with equipments and software’s like STAAD Pro, SAP and AutoCAD
- MoU with IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Mumbai,CANTER CAAD and RESNGO.
- Department is conducting special work on “Building Design and Analysis” for Final year students to prepare them industry ready.
Faculty published research papers in reputed journals like “international Journal of Earth science Engineering”. International Journal of Asian Earth Science (JAES,Elsevier/Science Direct) and “Indian concrete Journal”.
Dr Archanaa,Head of the deportment published research papers in internationals Journals and presented papers in Internationals conferences in Lisbon, Portugal and South America
Dr Pallavi Bardry, Professor published papers in various international Journals in the area of Geotechnical & Earthquake Engineering. She presented papers in various international Conferences held at Australia, Hong Kong, France &Turkey.
N.Sairam , P.Govardhan, K.Rakesh, K.venkatesh, M.Vivek and N.Vishwanath of M.Tech Structural Engineering presented research papers in “International conference Earthquake Engineering and post disaster reconstruction planning” held in Bhaktapur,Nepal,April 2016.
P.Govardhan and N.Sai ram of M.Tech have presented research work at “6th Asian Conference on Earthquake Engineering” at Cebu,Phillippince in September 2016.
N.Sairam and , K.venkatesh of M.Tech have presented research work at “Structural Enginrring World Congress 2015”(SEWC-2015) held in Singapore, October 2015.
Head of the Department
Dr. Archanaa Dongre did her B.E. (Civil Engg.) from Mumbai University and Ph.D in Structural Engineering from IIIT Hyderabad. She has specialised in Structural and Earthquake Engineering. She has 12 years of experience which includes 5 years of research, 2 years of industrial experience. She is a member of Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, USA and institution of Engineers
|Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone: 9291500000|
|Dr. Archanaa. D||Ph. D.||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. P. Venkata Dilip Kumar||Ph.D||Visiting Professor|
|Dr. Pallavi Badry||Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|Mr. M. Aswin Kumar||M. Tech||Associate Professor|
|Ms. R.S. Laxmi||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. K. Pavan Kumar Reddy||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. Sharada||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Sandeep||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. H.V. Prasad Juvvireddi||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. Neelima||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. Deepika||M.Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Giriprasad||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms Shanthi Olivea||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. V. Swathi||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. G. Satya Praksh||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. G. Vikas||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Sairam||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Govardhan||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Vinay Kumar||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. Divya Vani||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Nikhil Kumar||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
Labs / Study Material
The labs of the department are fully equipped and revived as per the required specifications of the consultancy projects. The Department has its own computer laboratory with latest software in Design, Planning and Management etc. to meet the requirements of undergraduate, post graduate and research students.
|Surveying Lab-I||II Year I Semester||Mr. M. Ashwin Kumar|
|Strength of Materials Lab||II Year I Semester||Mrs. R.S. Laxmi|
|Surveying Lab-II||II Year II Semester||Mr. G. Sathya Prakash|
|Auto Cad & CAD Lab||II Year II Semester||Ms. S. Bhargavi|
|Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machine Lab||III Year I Semester||Ms. V. Swathi|
|Engineering Geology||III Year I Semester||Ms. Shanthi Olivea|
|Geo-Technical Engineering Lab||III Year II Semester||Mr. S. Srinivas|
|Advanced Communication Skills Lab||III Year II Semester||Mrs. Padma Venkat|
|Environmental Engineering Lab||IV Year I Semester||Ms. Shanthi Olivea|
|Concrete and Highway Material Lab||IV Year I Semester||Mr. G. Vikas|
|Advanced Concrete Lab||M.Tech I Year I Semester||Mr. J.H.V. Prasad|
|CAD Lab||M.Tech I Year II Semester||Mr. Shushoban|
- Archanaa Dongre and Ramancharla Pradeep Kumar: “Displacement-Based Analysis of Unreinforced Brick Masonry Walls Subjected to Lateral Loads”, Sādhanā, Ms. No. SADH-D-12-00302 (under review-first corrections submitted)
- Pankaj Narang and Archanaa Dongre: “Earthquake resistant design of a building and effect of transverse reinforcement spacing on ductility and strength”, June 2013, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Applications (IJCEA), ISSN 2249-426X
- Archanaa Dongre and Ramancharla Pradeep Kumar: “Inelastic Response of RC Moment Resisting Frames with URM Infills” Proc. 15th World conference on Earthquake engineering (15WCEE), Lisbon, Portugal 2012, Paper ID: 1085
- Archanaa Dongre and Ramancharla Pradeep Kumar: “Parametric study for displacement Based Analysis of Unreinforced Brick Masonry Walls Subjected to Lateral Loads”, International Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia” (USMCA2013) from Oct 9-11, 2013 at Hilton Hotel Hanoi & NUCE Campus, Vietnam. (paper submitted)
- Archanaa Dongre and Ramancharla Pradeep Kumar: “Comparative Study of Inelastic Behaviour of RC Frame with and Without Brick Infill”, Proc. ISET Golden Jubilee Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, Indian Society of Earthquake Technology, IIT-Roorkee, 2012, pp. 88-99.
|A Guest Lecture on “Prospects for Civil Engineering Graduates”||29th March, 2014||Guest: Ms. A. Vimala, M.Tech & Senior research scholar in the dept. of Earth Quake & Civil Engineering, IIIT, Hyderabad.|