Civil Engineering is transforming to a great extent with the diversity that comes with the interfacing with other technology domains. New technologies are providing solutions to the challenges in Civil engineering. The Department of Civil Engineering at VJIT is established in 2013 and in the very few years of existence it has established itself as an inspiring learning centre. The highly qualified faculty team inspires students to do research and train them to address the societal problems.
- Structural Engineering
- Earth Quake Engineering
- Geotechnical Earth Quake Engineering
- Emphasis on Outcome Based Education
- Best Faculty Team with wide experience from academia & industry.
- All Labs are well equipped with equipments and software’s like STAAD Pro, SAP and AutoCAD
- MoU with IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Mumbai,CANTER CAAD and RESNGO.
- Department is conducting special work on “Building Design and Analysis” for Final year students to prepare them industry ready.
Dr. Pallavi Badry received 1 lakh International Travel grant to prest her research at CAIRO “Egypt on 26 November 2018”
Ms. Swathi & Dr. Pallavi Badry — full as best paper awarded with cash price for “Development of educational Model of the shake table to access the building response under earthquake” on 6 october 2017
Faculty published research papers in reputed journals like “international Journal of Earth science Engineering”. International Journal of Asian Earth Science (JAES,Elsevier/Science Direct) and “Indian concrete Journal”.
Dr Archanaa,Head of the department published research papers in internationals Journals and presented papers in Internationals conferences in Lisbon, Portugal and South America
Dr Pallavi Bardry, Professor published papers in various international Journals in the area of Geotechnical & Earthquake Engineering. She presented papers in various international Conferences held at Australia, Hong Kong, France &Turkey.
N.Sairam , P.Govardhan, K.Rakesh, K.venkatesh, M.Vivek and N.Vishwanath of M.Tech Structural Engineering presented research papers in “International conference Earthquake Engineering and post disaster reconstruction planning” held in Bhaktapur,Nepal, April 2016.
P.Govardhan and N.Sai ram of M.Tech have presented research work at “6th Asian Conference on Earthquake Engineering” at Cebu,Phillippince in September 2016.
N.Sairam and , K.venkatesh of M.Tech have presented research work at “Structural Enginrring World Congress 2015”(SEWC-2015) held in Singapore, October 2015.
Mr. B. Viranyu Vaboju, 2 year presented a Ancient green building model in Mahindra Ecole Centrale held on 12 & 13 Oct. 2018, Hyderabad.
PO1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Head of the Department
Dr. Pallavi Badry completed Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur and Integrated M.S. Ph.D in Geo-technical Earthquake Engineering from IIIT Hyderabad. Her expertise in research bench-marked with 35 technical papers in indexed journal and in National and International peer reviewed conferences, from her PhD work in a specialized area of soil structure interaction of a symmetrical building and in an extended research in the same.
Since 2016 she guided around 15 undergraduate engineers for their degree project. She has presented a few papers, and delivered invited lectures in conferences at IIT Mumbai, IGC Kochi etc. to publish her research and served as a resource person for several Faculty Development programs within the state. She delivered a invited lectures in several short courses conducted at IIITH, any contacts with SRKR college of engineering (Bhimavaram) and CRHRDI for trainee engineers from Govt. of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on safety and Geo-technical aspects of design of superstructures. She is very active and proficient faculty member handling the course for B.Tech and M.Tech with a very efficient and innovative way.Under her guidance the students have developed a shake table model which is awarded as the “Best Project” at the NCCE’17.
|Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org||Phone: 8978567328|
|Dr. Pallavi Badry||Ph. D.||Professor & HOD|
|Dr. T. Senthil Vadivel||Ph.D||Professor|
|Mr. M. Ashwin Kumar||M. Tech||Associate Professor|
|Mr. G. Sathya Prakash||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. V Swathi||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Giriprasad Goud||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. T. Deepika||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. T. Sharadha||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. A.D. Sandeep Kumar||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. N. Sairam||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. P. Govardhan||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. S. Raghavendara||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. G. Sreenath||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. I. Praveen Kumar Reddy||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. G. Ratnkar Goud||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Vithal Biradar||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. K. Roja||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. P. Shalini Kumari||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. G. Sreeja||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. K. Nikhil Teaj||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. Md. Waseem||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
|Mrs. B. Sravani||M. Tech.||Asst. Professor|
Labs / Study Material
The labs of the department are fully equipped and revived as per the required specifications of the consultancy projects. The Department has its own computer laboratory with latest software in Design, Planning and Management etc. to meet the requirements of undergraduate, post graduate and research students.
|Surveying Lab-I||II Year I Semester||Mr. G. Ratnakar Goud|
|Strength of Materials Lab||II Year I Semester||Mr. P. Govardhan|
|Surveying Lab-II||II Year II Semester||Mr. G. Ratnakar Goud|
|Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machine Lab||III Year I Semester||Mr. I. Praveen Kumar Reddy|
|Engineering Geology||III Year I Semester||Ms. P. Shalini Kumari|
|Geo-Technical Engineering Lab||III Year II Semester||Ms. T. Deepika|
|Advanced Communication Skills Lab||III Year II Semester||Mrs. Padma Venkat|
|Environmental Engineering Lab||IV Year I Semester||Mr. Vithal Biradar|
|Concrete and Highway Material Lab||IV Year I Semester||Mr. M. Ashwin Kumar|
|Advanced Concrete Lab||M.Tech I Year I Semester||Mr. M. Ashwin Kumar|
|CAD Lab||IV Year II Semester||Mr. Sreenath|
- Pallavi Badry and Neelima Satyam, “The Effect of the L/D Ratio of Pile Group Using the Equivalent Pier Method Including Interaction”, International Journal of Sustainable Civil Infrastructures (Springer). (In press).
- Pallavi Badry and Neelima Satyam, “Seismic soil structure interaction analysis for asymmetrical buildings supported on piled raft for the 2015 Nepal earthquake”, International Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (JAES, Elsevier/Science Direct). IF=2.13. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1367912016300608 ISSN: 1367-9120.
- Pallavi Badry and Neelima Satyam, “An Efficient approach for assessing the dynamic soil structure interaction analysis for asymmetrical pile group”, International Journal of Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (Springer). Vol 1 (1), pp:1-19. DOI:10.1007/s41062-016-0003-1. ISSN: Not yet assigned
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Laboratory Scale Modelling and the Treatment of Biomedical Wastes through Herbaceuticals for Manure Production”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology (UAE) 2018.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Numerical Investigation on Flexural Beams Made With Metakaolin and Shredded Plastic Waste”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology (UAE)-2018.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “The Effect of Fly Ash in Geopolymer Concrete Poles – A Thriving Solid Waste Disposal Measure for Eco-friendly Environment”, i-Manager’s Journal on Civil Engineering-2018.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Performance Evaluation of Instructional Tools used by the Science Teachers in Technical Education”, Galaxy-Link-2017.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Efficacy of Instructional Tools used by the Technical Education Teachers of Mechanical Stream”, Perspectivas em Ciencia da Informacao-2017.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Enhancing the Clay Soil Characteristics Using Copper Slag Stabilization”, Journal of Advances in Chemistry-2016.
- Dr.T. Senthil Vadivel, “Analyzing the Factors Affecting Quality in Construction”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology-2016.
- Pallavi Badry, Seismic soil structure interaction analysis of rigid piled isolated footing for mid rise building in a weak soil, “GeoMEast 2018 International Congress and Exhibition Sustainable Civil Infrastructures: Structural Integrity at Cairo, Egypt, during 24-28th, November 2018” (Accepted)..
- Pallavi Badry, K. Pavan Reddy and V. Swathi, “Evelopment Of Educational Model Of The Shake Table To Assess The Building Response Under Earthquake”, Proceedins in 1st National Conferences on Advances of Construction Engineering for Sustainability (NCCS 17). 6th October 2017 at ICFAI Tech School Hyderabad.
- Pallavi Badry and Venkateswaralu, “Effect Of Admixtures On Engineering Properties Of A Clay: Experimental Studys”, Proceedins in 1st National Conferences on Advances of Construction Engineering for Sustainability (NCCS 17). 6th October 2017 at ICFAI Tech School Hyderabad.
- Pallavi Badry, "Dynamic Analysis Of Tunnels In A Problematic Soils”, Proceedins in 1st National Conferences on Advances of Construction Engineering for Sustainability (NCCS 17). 6th October 2017 at ICFAI Tech School Hyderabad
- Pallavi Badry, “Evelopment Of Educational Model Of The Shake Table To Assess The Building Response Under Earthquake”, Proceedins in 1st National Conferences on Advances of Construction Engineering for Sustainability (NCCS 17). 6th October 2017 at ICFAI Tech School Hyderabad.
- Pallavi Badry, “A Comparative Analysis Of Residential Building With Flat Slab And Conventional Slab” Proceedins in 1st National Conferences on Advances of Construction Engineering for Sustainability (NCCS 17). 6th October 2017 at ICFAI Tech School Hyderabad.
|A Guest Lecture on “Prospects for Civil Engineering Graduates”||29th March, 2014||Guest: Ms. A. Vimala, M.Tech & Senior research scholar in the dept. of Earth Quake & Civil Engineering, IIIT, Hyderabad.|