The spacious library sprawls over more than 1029.4 Sqmt. and the catalogues possess thousands of volumes & titles. The library subscribes to more than 270 International and National journals and has also access to scores of e-journals.
Besides the huge Central Library, each department also has its own reference Library.
We have a well equipped digital library for the students. They can easily access AICTE–INDEST, NPTEL, SONET-CD’s, IEEE, ASME, ASCE, DELNET N-LIST (INFLIBNET) etc.. Quick Mail Search is provided for instant access with 22 MBPS High speed Connectivity.
The Library is housed in a spacious area of about 1029.4 Sqmts. It features more than 30,114 volumes covering all branches. In addition to this, the library procures Technical reports and back volumes of important periodicals every year. It also subscribes to 270 Journals + 9 Magazines + 5138 e-Journals, and CD/ROM, audio-visual additions.
Facilities in Library.
Reference Books: The section contains reference books such as Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Handbooks, Bibliographies, Atlas, Data books, Dissertations, Theses etc. These are to be used within the Library premises and not available for lending. A copy of the prescribed textbooks and recommended books is also kept in the reference section.
Lending Section: The Library follows open access system and the students and staff are free to browse through the collections and select according to their need.
Circulation: The working Hours for Issue and Return of books are 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on week days.
- There is book banks facility in the library
- Book bank for SC, ST & needy Students
- The books will be issued once to eligible students of these categories at the beginning of each semester.
Photocopying: The Central Library offers photocopying facility to all the students, staff and users.
The enrollment of membership will be extended to all the bonafide students of UG, PG Programmes and staff of the Institute.
|Category||No. of Books||Period|
|UG STUDENTS (Book Bank)||6||Semester|
|UG & PG STUDENTS||3||15|
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Phone & mail ID|
|Mr. V. John Alexander||Librarian||M. L. I. Sc., M. Phil.||email@example.com
|P. Prabhakar||Assistant Librarian||M. L. I. Sc.||9030130961|
|S. Vasudh Reddy||Library Assistant||B. L. I. Sc.||9032255468|
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
The students can search the Bibliographic data viz. Author, Title, Subject, Accession Number etc. through OPAC.
Rules & Regulations
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phones to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags & Baggage are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- No student shall take any printed material into the Library. Users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books back into the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be considered as the due date.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the student responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the current market price and handling charges or as may be decided by the Librarian.
- Books will be issued subject to availability.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- The following conditions apply for the renewal of books.
- The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.
- More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- Books are to be returned on or before due date (15 days) from the date of issue, failing which a fine of Rs. 1.00 per volume per day will be collected.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the Institute.
- Browsing at Library is limited to accessing on-line Subscribed journals only.
- Library Books Issue/Returns 9.00 AM to 4.30PM.
- Library Working Hours 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Note: The above rules are intended to regulate the healthy functioning of Library and will be reviewed periodically to meet changing needs.
Any change in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when it takes place.